Runnels County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Runnels County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Runnels County, Texas. You can contact the Runnels County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Runnels County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
600 Courthouse SquareThe Runnels County Assessor's Office is located in Ballinger, Texas. Ballinger is the county seat of Runnels County, where most local government offices are located.
Runnels County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Runnels County Information
Runnels County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Runnels County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Runnels County Tax Appraiser.
- The Runnels County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Runnels County.
- The Runnels County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Runnels County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Runnels County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Runnels County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Runnels County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-365-2339. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Runnels County assessor's office at 325-365-5884. Please call the assessor's office in Ballinger before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Runnels County Courthouse at 325-365-2633.