Rockwall County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Rockwall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Rockwall County, Texas. You can contact the Rockwall County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Rockwall County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
101 E Rusk StThe Rockwall County Assessor's Office is located in Rockwall, Texas. Rockwall is the county seat of Rockwall County, where most local government offices are located.
Rockwall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Rockwall County Information
Rockwall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Rockwall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Rockwall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Rockwall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Rockwall County.
- The Rockwall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Rockwall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Rockwall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Rockwall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Rockwall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 972-204-6130. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Rockwall County assessor's office at 972-204-6139. Please call the assessor's office in Rockwall before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Historic Courhouse at 972-204-6050.