Refugio County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Refugio County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Refugio County, Texas. You can contact the Refugio County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Refugio County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
The Refugio County Assessor's Office is located in Refugio, Texas.
Refugio County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Refugio County Information
Refugio County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Refugio County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Refugio County Tax Appraiser.
- The Refugio County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Refugio County.
- The Refugio County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Refugio County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Refugio County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Refugio County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Refugio County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-526-2023. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Refugio County assessor's office at 361-526-2279. Please call the assessor's office in Refugio before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.