Reeves County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Reeves County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Reeves County, Texas. You can contact the Reeves County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Reeves County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
100 E 4Th St Fl 3The Reeves County Assessor's Office is located in Pecos, Texas. Pecos is the county seat of Reeves County, where most local government offices are located.
Reeves County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Reeves County Information
Reeves County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Reeves County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Reeves County Tax Appraiser.
- The Reeves County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Reeves County.
- The Reeves County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Reeves County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Reeves County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Reeves County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Reeves County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-445-5473. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Reeves County assessor's office at 432-445-5096. Please call the assessor's office in Pecos before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Reeves County Courthouse at 432-445-5418.