Red River County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Red River County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Red River County, Texas. You can contact the Red River County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Red River County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
200 N Walnut StThe Red River County Assessor's Office is located in Clarksville, Texas. Clarksville is the county seat of Red River County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Red River County Courthouse, at 200 North Walnut Street.
Red River County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Red River County Information
Red River County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Red River County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Red River County Tax Appraiser.
- The Red River County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Red River County.
- The Red River County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Red River County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Red River County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Red River County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Red River County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-427-3009. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Red River County assessor's office at 903-427-5510. Please call the assessor's office in Clarksville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Red River County Courthouse at 903-427-2680.