Real County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Real County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Real County, Texas. You can contact the Real County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Real County property tax due date
The Real County Assessor's Office is located in Leakey, Texas.
Real County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Real County Information
Real County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Real County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Real County Tax Appraiser.
- The Real County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Real County.
- The Real County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Real County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Real County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Real County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Real County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-232-6210. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Real County assessor's office at 830-232-6888. Please call the assessor's office in Leakey before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.