Reagan County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Reagan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Reagan County, Texas. You can contact the Reagan County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Reagan County property tax due date
PO BOX 100The Reagan County Assessor's Office is located in Big Lake, Texas. Big Lake is the county seat of Reagan County, where most local government offices are located.
Reagan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Reagan County Information
Reagan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Reagan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Reagan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Reagan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Reagan County.
- The Reagan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Reagan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Reagan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Reagan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Reagan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-884-2131. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Reagan County assessor's office at 325-884-4104. Please call the assessor's office in Big Lake before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Reagan County Courthouse at 325-884-2665.