Randall County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Randall County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Randall County, Texas. You can contact the Randall County Assessor for:
- Checking the Randall County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
501 16th Street, Suite 304The Randall County Assessor's Office is located in Canyon, Texas. Canyon is the county seat of Randall County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Randall County Courthouse, at 400 16th Street, Suite 100.
Randall County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Randall County Information
Randall County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Randall County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Randall County Tax Appraiser.
- The Randall County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Randall County.
- The Randall County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Randall County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Randall County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Randall County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Randall County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-468-5540. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Randall County assessor's office at 806-468-5541. Please call the assessor's office in Canyon before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Randall County Courthouse at 806-655-6270.