Presidio County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Presidio County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Presidio County, Texas. You can contact the Presidio County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Presidio County property tax due date
PO BOX 606The Presidio County Assessor's Office is located in Marfa, Texas. Marfa is the county seat of Presidio County, where most local government offices are located.
Presidio County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Presidio County Information
Presidio County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Presidio County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Presidio County Tax Appraiser.
- The Presidio County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Presidio County.
- The Presidio County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Presidio County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Presidio County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Presidio County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Presidio County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-729-4081. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Presidio County assessor's office at 432-729-4920. Please call the assessor's office in Marfa before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Presidio County Courthouse at 432-729-4452.