Polk County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Polk County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Polk County, Texas. You can contact the Polk County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Polk County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
100 West Church StreetThe Polk County Assessor's Office is located in Livingston, Texas. Livingston is the county seat of Polk County, where most local government offices are located.
Polk County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Polk County Information
Polk County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Polk County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Polk County Tax Appraiser.
- The Polk County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Polk County.
- The Polk County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Polk County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Polk County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Polk County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Polk County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-327-6801. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Polk County assessor's office at 936-327-6885. Please call the assessor's office in Livingston before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Polk County Courthouse at 936-327-6811.