Pecos County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Pecos County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Pecos County, Texas. You can contact the Pecos County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Pecos County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
103 W Callaghan StThe Pecos County Assessor's Office is located in Fort Stockton, Texas. Fort Stockton is the county seat of Pecos County, where most local government offices are located.
Pecos County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Pecos County Information
Pecos County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Pecos County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Pecos County Tax Appraiser.
- The Pecos County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Pecos County.
- The Pecos County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Pecos County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Pecos County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Pecos County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Pecos County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 432-336-3386. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Pecos County assessor's office at 432-336-3382. Please call the assessor's office in Fort Stockton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Pecos County Courthouse at 432-336-2792.