Parmer County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Parmer County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Parmer County, Texas. You can contact the Parmer County Assessor for:
- Checking the Parmer County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
401 3Rd StThe Parmer County Assessor's Office is located in Farwell, Texas. Farwell is the county seat of Parmer County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Parmer County Courthouse, at 401 Third Street.
Parmer County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Parmer County Information
Parmer County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Parmer County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Parmer County Tax Appraiser.
- The Parmer County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Parmer County.
- The Parmer County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Parmer County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Parmer County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Parmer County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Parmer County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-481-3845. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Parmer County assessor's office at 806-481-9548. Please call the assessor's office in Farwell before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Parmer County Courthouse at 806-481-3383.