Parker County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Parker County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Parker County, Texas. You can contact the Parker County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Parker County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
One Counthouse SquareThe Parker County Assessor's Office is located in Weatherford, Texas. Weatherford is the county seat of Parker County, where most local government offices are located.
Parker County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Parker County Information
Parker County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Parker County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Parker County Tax Appraiser.
- The Parker County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Parker County.
- The Parker County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Parker County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Parker County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Parker County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Parker County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 817-598-6139. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Parker County assessor's office at 817-598-6133. Please call the assessor's office in Weatherford before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Parker County Courthouse at 817-599-6591.