Nueces County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Nueces County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nueces County, Texas. You can contact the Nueces County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Nueces County property tax due date
901 Leopard StreetThe Nueces County Assessor's Office is located in Corpus Christi, Texas. Corpus Christi is the county seat of Nueces County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Nueces County Courthouse, at 901 Leopard Street, Room 301.
Nueces County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nueces County Information
Nueces County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nueces County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nueces County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nueces County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nueces County.
- The Nueces County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nueces County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nueces County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nueces County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nueces County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-888-0307. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nueces County assessor's office at 361-888-0236. Please call the assessor's office in Corpus Christi before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nueces County Courthouse at 361-888-0444.