Nolan County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Nolan County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nolan County, Texas. You can contact the Nolan County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Nolan County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
100 E 3Rd StThe Nolan County Assessor's Office is located in Sweetwater, Texas. Sweetwater is the county seat of Nolan County, where most local government offices are located.
Nolan County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nolan County Information
Nolan County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nolan County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nolan County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nolan County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nolan County.
- The Nolan County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nolan County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nolan County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nolan County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nolan County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-235-3271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Sweetwater before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nolan County Courthouse at 325-235-2263.