Newton County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Newton County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Newton County, Texas. You can contact the Newton County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Newton County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
P.O. Box JThe Newton County Assessor's Office is located in Newton, Texas. Newton is the county seat of Newton County, where most local government offices are located.
Newton County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Newton County Information
Newton County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Newton County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Newton County Tax Appraiser.
- The Newton County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Newton County.
- The Newton County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Newton County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Newton County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Newton County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Newton County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 409-379-4241. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Newton County assessor's office at 409-379-5944. Please call the assessor's office in Newton before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Newton County Courthouse at 409-379-5691.