Navarro County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Navarro County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Navarro County, Texas. You can contact the Navarro County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Navarro County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
300 West Third AvenueThe Navarro County Assessor's Office is located in Corsicana, Texas. Corsicana is the county seat of Navarro County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Navarro County Courthouse, at 300 West 3rd Avenue, Suite 103.
Navarro County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Navarro County Information
Navarro County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Navarro County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Navarro County Tax Appraiser.
- The Navarro County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Navarro County.
- The Navarro County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Navarro County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Navarro County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Navarro County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Navarro County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-654-3081. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Navarro County assessor's office at 903-874-5675. Please call the assessor's office in Corsicana before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Navarro County Courthouse at 903-654-3000.