Nacogdoches County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Nacogdoches County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Nacogdoches County, Texas. You can contact the Nacogdoches County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Nacogdoches County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
101 W Main StThe Nacogdoches County Assessor's Office is located in Nacogdoches, Texas. Nacogdoches is the county seat of Nacogdoches County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Nacogdoches County Courthouse, at 101 West Main Street.
Nacogdoches County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Nacogdoches County Information
Nacogdoches County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Nacogdoches County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Nacogdoches County Tax Appraiser.
- The Nacogdoches County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Nacogdoches County.
- The Nacogdoches County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Nacogdoches County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Nacogdoches County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Nacogdoches County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Nacogdoches County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-560-7767. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Nacogdoches County assessor's office at 936-560-2217. Please call the assessor's office in Nacogdoches before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Nacogdoches County Courthouse at 936-560-7755.