Motley County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Motley County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Motley County, Texas. You can contact the Motley County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Motley County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
701 Dundee StreetThe Motley County Assessor's Office is located in Matador, Texas. Matador is the county seat of Motley County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Motley County Courthouse, at 701 Dundee Street.
Motley County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Motley County Information
Motley County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Motley County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Motley County Tax Appraiser.
- The Motley County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Motley County.
- The Motley County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Motley County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Motley County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Motley County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Motley County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-347-2252. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Matador before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Motley County Courthouse at 806-347-2334.