Morris County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Morris County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Morris County, Texas. You can contact the Morris County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Morris County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
500 Broadnax StThe Morris County Assessor's Office is located in Daingerfield, Texas. Daingerfield is the county seat of Morris County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Morris County Courthouse, at 500 Broadnax.
Morris County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Morris County Information
Morris County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Morris County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Morris County Tax Appraiser.
- The Morris County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Morris County.
- The Morris County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Morris County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Morris County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Morris County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Morris County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-645-2446. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Morris County assessor's office at 903-645-5351. Please call the assessor's office in Daingerfield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Morris County Courthouse at 903-645-3691.