Moore County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Moore County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Moore County, Texas. You can contact the Moore County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Moore County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
715 Dumas Avenue, Room 202The Moore County Assessor's Office is located in Dumas, Texas. Dumas is the county seat of Moore County, where most local government offices are located.
Moore County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Moore County Information
Moore County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Moore County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Moore County Tax Appraiser.
- The Moore County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Moore County.
- The Moore County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Moore County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Moore County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Moore County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Moore County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-935-2175. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Moore County assessor's office at 806-935-2344. Please call the assessor's office in Dumas before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Moore County Courthouse at 806-935-5588.