Montague County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Montague County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Montague County, Texas. You can contact the Montague County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Montague County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
The Montague County Assessor's Office is located in Montague, Texas.
Montague County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Montague County Information
Montague County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Montague County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Montague County Tax Appraiser.
- The Montague County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Montague County.
- The Montague County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Montague County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Montague County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Montague County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Montague County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 940-894-3881. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Montague County assessor's office at 940-894-2012. Please call the assessor's office in Montague before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.