Mitchell County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Mitchell County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mitchell County, Texas. You can contact the Mitchell County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Mitchell County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
349 Oak St Ste 103The Mitchell County Assessor's Office is located in Colorado City, Texas. Colorado City is the county seat of Mitchell County, where most local government offices are located.
Mitchell County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mitchell County Information
Mitchell County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mitchell County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mitchell County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mitchell County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mitchell County.
- The Mitchell County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mitchell County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mitchell County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mitchell County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mitchell County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-728-2606. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mitchell County assessor's office at 325-728-3963. Please call the assessor's office in Colorado City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mitchell County Courthouse at 325-728-3457.