Mills County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Mills County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mills County, Texas. You can contact the Mills County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Mills County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
PO BOX 483The Mills County Assessor's Office is located in Goldthwaite, Texas. Goldthwaite is the county seat of Mills County, where most local government offices are located.
Mills County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mills County Information
Mills County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mills County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mills County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mills County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mills County.
- The Mills County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mills County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mills County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mills County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mills County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-648-3879. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mills County assessor's office at 325-648-3879. Please call the assessor's office in Goldthwaite before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mills County Courthouse at 325-648-2222.