Milam County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Milam County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Milam County, Texas. You can contact the Milam County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Milam County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
102 S Fannin AveThe Milam County Assessor's Office is located in Cameron, Texas. Cameron is the county seat of Milam County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Milam County Courthouse, at 101 South Fannin.
Milam County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Milam County Information
Milam County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Milam County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Milam County Tax Appraiser.
- The Milam County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Milam County.
- The Milam County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Milam County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Milam County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Milam County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Milam County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-697-7017. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Milam County assessor's office at 254-697-7020. Please call the assessor's office in Cameron before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Milam County Courthouse at 254-697-7000.