Menard County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Menard County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Menard County, Texas. You can contact the Menard County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Menard County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 1038The Menard County Assessor's Office is located in Menard, Texas. Menard is the county seat of Menard County, where most local government offices are located.
Menard County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Menard County Information
Menard County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Menard County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Menard County Tax Appraiser.
- The Menard County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Menard County.
- The Menard County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Menard County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Menard County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Menard County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Menard County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-396-4523. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Menard County assessor's office at 325-396-2178. Please call the assessor's office in Menard before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Menard County Courthouse at 325-396-4682.