Medina County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Medina County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Medina County, Texas. You can contact the Medina County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Medina County property tax due date
1100 16th StreetThe Medina County Assessor's Office is located in Hondo, Texas. Hondo is the county seat of Medina County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Medina County Courthouse, at 1102 15th Street.
Medina County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Medina County Information
Medina County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Medina County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Medina County Tax Appraiser.
- The Medina County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Medina County.
- The Medina County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Medina County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Medina County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Medina County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Medina County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-741-6100. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Medina County assessor's office at 830-741-6105. Please call the assessor's office in Hondo before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Medina County Courthouse at 830-741-6020.