McMullen County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The McMullen County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McMullen County, Texas. You can contact the McMullen County Assessor for:
- Checking the McMullen County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 237The McMullen County Assessor's Office is located in the McMullen County Courthouse in Tilden, Texas. Tilden is the county seat of McMullen County, where most local government offices are located.
McMullen County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McMullen County Information
McMullen County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McMullen County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McMullen County Tax Appraiser.
- The McMullen County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McMullen County.
- The McMullen County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McMullen County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McMullen County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McMullen County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McMullen County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-274-3233. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the McMullen County assessor's office at 361-274-3618. Please call the assessor's office in Tilden before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Mcmullen County Courthouse at 361-274-3341.