McCulloch County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The McCulloch County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in McCulloch County, Texas. You can contact the McCulloch County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the McCulloch County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
County Courthouse, Room 101The McCulloch County Assessor's Office is located in Brady, Texas. Brady is the county seat of McCulloch County, where most local government offices are located.
McCulloch County Assessor Contact Information
Additional McCulloch County Information
McCulloch County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the McCulloch County Tax Assessor may also serve as the McCulloch County Tax Appraiser.
- The McCulloch County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in McCulloch County.
- The McCulloch County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The McCulloch County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in McCulloch County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting McCulloch County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the McCulloch County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-597-7607. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Brady before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the McCulloch County government at 325-597-0733.