Maverick County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Maverick County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Maverick County, Texas. You can contact the Maverick County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Maverick County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
555 Quarry St Ste 3The Maverick County Assessor's Office is located in Eagle Pass, Texas. Eagle Pass is the county seat of Maverick County, where most local government offices are located.
Maverick County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Maverick County Information
Maverick County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Maverick County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Maverick County Tax Appraiser.
- The Maverick County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Maverick County.
- The Maverick County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Maverick County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Maverick County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Maverick County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Maverick County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-773-9273. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Maverick County assessor's office at 830-773-6378. Please call the assessor's office in Eagle Pass before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Maverick County government at 830-773-3824.