Matagorda County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Matagorda County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Matagorda County, Texas. You can contact the Matagorda County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Matagorda County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
1700 7Th StThe Matagorda County Assessor's Office is located in Bay City, Texas. Bay City is the county seat of Matagorda County, where most local government offices are located.
Matagorda County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Matagorda County Information
Matagorda County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Matagorda County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Matagorda County Tax Appraiser.
- The Matagorda County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Matagorda County.
- The Matagorda County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Matagorda County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Matagorda County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Matagorda County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Matagorda County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-244-7670. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Bay City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Matagorda County Courthouse at 979-244-7680.