Mason County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Mason County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Mason County, Texas. You can contact the Mason County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Mason County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
The Mason County Assessor's Office is located in Mason, Texas.
Mason County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Mason County Information
Mason County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Mason County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Mason County Tax Appraiser.
- The Mason County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Mason County.
- The Mason County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Mason County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Mason County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Mason County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Mason County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-347-6937. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Mason County assessor's office at 325-347-6194. Please call the assessor's office in Mason before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.