Madison County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Madison County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Madison County, Texas. You can contact the Madison County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Madison County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 237
Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 239
The Madison County Assessor's Office is located in Madisonville, Texas.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 252
Madison County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Madison County Information
Madison County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Madison County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Madison County Tax Appraiser.
- The Madison County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Madison County.
- The Madison County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Madison County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Madison County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Madison County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Madison County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 936-348-2654. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Madison County assessor's office at 936-348-2655. Please call the assessor's office in Madisonville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/propertytax101/public_html/assessor_localities.php on line 352