Lynn County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lynn County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lynn County, Texas. You can contact the Lynn County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lynn County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P. O. Box 1256The Lynn County Assessor's Office is located in Tahoka, Texas. Tahoka is the county seat of Lynn County, where most local government offices are located.
Lynn County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lynn County Information
Lynn County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lynn County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lynn County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lynn County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lynn County.
- The Lynn County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lynn County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lynn County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lynn County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lynn County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-561-4112. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lynn County assessor's office at 806-561-4277. Please call the assessor's office in Tahoka before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lynn County Courthouse at 806-998-4222.