Lubbock County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lubbock County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lubbock County, Texas. You can contact the Lubbock County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Lubbock County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
The Lubbock County Assessor's Office is located in Lubbock, Texas.
Lubbock County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lubbock County Information
Lubbock County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lubbock County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lubbock County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lubbock County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lubbock County.
- The Lubbock County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lubbock County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lubbock County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lubbock County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lubbock County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-775-1344. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lubbock County assessor's office at 806-775-1551. Please call the assessor's office in Lubbock before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.