Live Oak County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Live Oak County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Live Oak County, Texas. You can contact the Live Oak County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Live Oak County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
P.O. Box 487The Live Oak County Assessor's Office is located in George West, Texas. George West is the county seat of Live Oak County, where most local government offices are located.
Live Oak County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Live Oak County Information
Live Oak County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Live Oak County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Live Oak County Tax Appraiser.
- The Live Oak County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Live Oak County.
- The Live Oak County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Live Oak County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Live Oak County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Live Oak County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Live Oak County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-449-2733. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Live Oak County assessor's office at 361-449-3068. Please call the assessor's office in George West before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Live Oak County Courthouse at 361-449-2733.