Lipscomb County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lipscomb County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lipscomb County, Texas. You can contact the Lipscomb County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Lipscomb County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO Box 69The Lipscomb County Assessor's Office is located in Lipscomb, Texas. Lipscomb is the county seat of Lipscomb County, where most local government offices are located.
Lipscomb County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lipscomb County Information
Lipscomb County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lipscomb County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lipscomb County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lipscomb County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lipscomb County.
- The Lipscomb County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lipscomb County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lipscomb County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lipscomb County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lipscomb County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-862-2911. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lipscomb County assessor's office at 806-862-3004. Please call the assessor's office in Lipscomb before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lipscomb County Courthouse at 806-862-4131.