Limestone County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Limestone County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Limestone County, Texas. You can contact the Limestone County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Limestone County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
PO BOX 469The Limestone County Assessor's Office is located in Groesbeck, Texas. Groesbeck is the county seat of Limestone County, where most local government offices are located.
Limestone County Assessor Contact Information
Limestone County Assessor Address
Limestone County Tax Assessor and Collector
200 State Street, Suite 109
Groesbeck, TX 76642
Limestone County Assessor Phone Number
Limestone County Assessor's Website
Additional Limestone County Information
Property Tax Information
Property Tax Search Tool Find Limestone County property tax records
Limestone County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Limestone County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Limestone County Tax Appraiser.
- The Limestone County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Limestone County.
- The Limestone County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Limestone County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Limestone County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Limestone County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Limestone County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 254-729-3405. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Limestone County assessor's office at 254-729-3533. Please call the assessor's office in Groesbeck before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Limestone County Courthouse at 254-729-5504.
Find the tax assessor for a different Texas county
Find property records for Limestone County
The median property tax in Limestone County, Texas is $854.00