Leon County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Leon County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Leon County, Texas. You can contact the Leon County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Leon County property tax due date
PO BOX 898The Leon County Assessor's Office is located in Centerville, Texas. Centerville is the county seat of Leon County, where most local government offices are located.
Leon County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Leon County Information
Leon County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Leon County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Leon County Tax Appraiser.
- The Leon County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Leon County.
- The Leon County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Leon County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Leon County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Leon County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Leon County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 903-536-2543. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Leon County assessor's office at 903-536-2431. Please call the assessor's office in Centerville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Leon County Courthouse at 903-536-2331.