Lee County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lee County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lee County, Texas. You can contact the Lee County Assessor for:
- Checking the Lee County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
P.O. Box 390The Lee County Assessor's Office is located in Giddings, Texas. Giddings is the county seat of Lee County, where most local government offices are located.
Lee County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lee County Information
Lee County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lee County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lee County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lee County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lee County.
- The Lee County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lee County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lee County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lee County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lee County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 979-542-2640. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lee County assessor's office at 979-542-3787. Please call the assessor's office in Giddings before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lee County Courthouse at 979-542-3178.