Lampasas County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lampasas County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lampasas County, Texas. You can contact the Lampasas County Assessor for:
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Lampasas County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
400 S Live Oak StThe Lampasas County Assessor's Office is located in Lampasas, Texas. Lampasas is the county seat of Lampasas County, where most local government offices are located.
Lampasas County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lampasas County Information
Lampasas County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lampasas County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lampasas County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lampasas County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lampasas County.
- The Lampasas County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lampasas County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lampasas County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lampasas County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lampasas County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 512-556-8271. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lampasas County assessor's office at 512-556-4825. Please call the assessor's office in Lampasas before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lampasas County Courthouse at 512-556-8271.