Lamb County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Lamb County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Lamb County, Texas. You can contact the Lamb County Assessor for:
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Checking the Lamb County property tax due date
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
100 6Th St.The Lamb County Assessor's Office is located in Littlefield, Texas. Littlefield is the county seat of Lamb County, where most local government offices are located.
Lamb County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Lamb County Information
Lamb County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Lamb County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Lamb County Tax Appraiser.
- The Lamb County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Lamb County.
- The Lamb County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Lamb County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Lamb County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Lamb County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Lamb County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-385-4222-Ext.-230. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Lamb County assessor's office at 806-385-6485. Please call the assessor's office in Littlefield before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Lamb County Courthouse at 806-385-4222.