Kleberg County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kleberg County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kleberg County, Texas. You can contact the Kleberg County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the Kleberg County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Your property tax bill
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
PO Box 1327The Kleberg County Assessor's Office is located in Kingsville, Texas. Kingsville is the county seat of Kleberg County, where most local government offices are located.
Kleberg County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kleberg County Information
Kleberg County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kleberg County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kleberg County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kleberg County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kleberg County.
- The Kleberg County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kleberg County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kleberg County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kleberg County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kleberg County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-595-8542. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kleberg County assessor's office at 361-595-8546. Please call the assessor's office in Kingsville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kleberg County Courthouse at 361-595-8585.