Kinney County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kinney County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kinney County, Texas. You can contact the Kinney County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Checking the Kinney County property tax due date
- Information on your property's tax assessment
The Kinney County Assessor's Office is located in Brackettville, Texas.
Kinney County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kinney County Information
Kinney County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kinney County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kinney County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kinney County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kinney County.
- The Kinney County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kinney County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kinney County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kinney County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kinney County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-563-2688. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Brackettville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting.