King County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The King County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in King County, Texas. You can contact the King County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Checking the King County property tax due date
PO Box 127The King County Assessor's Office is located in Guthrie, Texas. Guthrie is the county seat of King County, where most local government offices are located.
King County Assessor Contact Information
Additional King County Information
King County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the King County Tax Assessor may also serve as the King County Tax Appraiser.
- The King County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in King County.
- The King County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The King County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in King County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting King County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the King County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 806-596-4318. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the King County assessor's office at 806-596-4030. Please call the assessor's office in Guthrie before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the King County Courthouse at 806-596-4411.