Kimble County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kimble County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kimble County, Texas. You can contact the Kimble County Assessor for:
- Checking the Kimble County property tax due date
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
501 Main StThe Kimble County Assessor's Office is located in Junction, Texas. Junction is the county seat of Kimble County, where most local government offices are located. The assessor's office is located in the same building as the Kimble County Courthouse, at 501 Main Street.
Kimble County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kimble County Information
Kimble County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kimble County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kimble County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kimble County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kimble County.
- The Kimble County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kimble County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kimble County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kimble County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kimble County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 325-446-3717. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kimble County assessor's office at 325-446-4361. Please call the assessor's office in Junction before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kimble County Courthouse at 325-446-2724.