Kerr County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kerr County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kerr County, Texas. You can contact the Kerr County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Your property tax bill
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Kerr County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Information on your property's tax assessment
700 Main StThe Kerr County Assessor's Office is located in the Kerr County Courthouse in Kerrville, Texas. Kerrville is the county seat of Kerr County, where most local government offices are located.
Kerr County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kerr County Information
Kerr County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kerr County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kerr County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kerr County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kerr County.
- The Kerr County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kerr County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kerr County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kerr County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kerr County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-792-2242. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kerr County assessor's office at 830-792-2253. Please call the assessor's office in Kerrville before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kerr County Courthouse at 830-792-2200.