Kenedy County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kenedy County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kenedy County, Texas. You can contact the Kenedy County Assessor for:
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kenedy County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
PO Box 37The Kenedy County Assessor's Office is located in Sarita, Texas. Sarita is the county seat of Kenedy County, where most local government offices are located.
Kenedy County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kenedy County Information
Kenedy County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kenedy County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kenedy County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kenedy County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kenedy County.
- The Kenedy County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kenedy County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kenedy County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kenedy County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kenedy County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 361-294-5202. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Kenedy County assessor's office at 361-294-5710. Please call the assessor's office in Sarita before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kenedy County Courthouse at 361-294-5220.