Kaufman County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Kaufman County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Kaufman County, Texas. You can contact the Kaufman County Assessor for:
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Paying your property tax
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Your property tax bill
- Checking the Kaufman County property tax due date
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
100 West Mulberry StreetThe Kaufman County Assessor's Office is located in the Kaufman County Annex in Kaufman, Texas. Kaufman is the county seat of Kaufman County, where most local government offices are located.
Kaufman County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Kaufman County Information
Kaufman County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Kaufman County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Kaufman County Tax Appraiser.
- The Kaufman County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Kaufman County.
- The Kaufman County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Kaufman County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Kaufman County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Kaufman County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Kaufman County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 972-932-4331. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
Please call the assessor's office in Kaufman before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Kaufman County Courthouse at 972-932-4331.