Karnes County, Texas - Assessor's Office
The Karnes County Assessor is responsible for appraising real estate and assessing a property tax on properties located in Karnes County, Texas. You can contact the Karnes County Assessor for:
- Information on your property's tax assessment
- Appealing your property tax appraisal
- Reporting upgrades or improvements
- Paying your property tax
- Checking the Karnes County property tax due date
- Your property tax bill
101 N Pannamaria AveThe Karnes County Assessor's Office is located in Karnes City, Texas. Karnes City is the county seat of Karnes County, where most local government offices are located.
Karnes County Assessor Contact Information
Additional Karnes County Information
Karnes County Assessor's Office Services
There are three major roles involved in administering property taxes - Tax Assessor, Property Appraiser, and Tax Collector. Note that in some counties, one or more of these roles may be held by the same individual or office. For example, the Karnes County Tax Assessor may also serve as the Karnes County Tax Appraiser.
- The Karnes County Tax Assessor is responsible for setting property tax rates and collecting owed property tax on real estate located in Karnes County.
- The Karnes County Property Appraiser is responsible for determining the taxable value of each piece of real estate, which the Tax Assessor will use to determine the owed property tax.
- The Karnes County Tax Collector is responsible for collecting property tax from property owners. They issue yearly tax bills to all property owners in Karnes County, and work with the sheriff's office to foreclose on properties with delinquent taxes.
When contacting Karnes County about your property taxes, make sure that you are contacting the correct office. You can call the Karnes County Tax Assessor's Office for assistance at 830-780-2431. Remember to have your property's Tax ID Number or Parcel Number available when you call!
If you have documents to send, you can fax them to the Karnes County assessor's office at 830-780-4530. Please call the assessor's office in Karnes City before you send documents or if you need to schedule a meeting. If you have general questions, you can call the Karnes County Courthouse at 830-780-3732.